Fed up with their neighbour’s antics, people who have been driven round the bend by a boy racer’s inconsiderate driving have taken matters into their own hands.
They hoisted 24-year-old Zbigniew Filo’s car into a willow tree in Lubczyna, Poland, shaming into promising to change the way he drives.
Locals are keeping tight-lipped over who put the Ford Escort into the tree, but have admitted that one of the villager’s mobile cranes was borrowed to carry out the mission under the cover of darkness.
Police spokesman Marta Pierko said: ‘We received a call from a man saying his car was stuck in a tree, and that his neighbours had put it there.
‘After inspecting the site we instructed him to remove it from the tree,’ she added.
One local added: ‘Whoever, or whatever it was, it’s probably a good thing as he was a dangerous driver and could have killed someone.
‘Perhaps he’ll think twice about his hair-raising driving and about getting a licence or who knows where his next car might end up?’
Now shamefaced Filo has promised to change his driving style.
‘I get the message, but I think it was a bit harsh,’ he said. (wrapup)
- Tree-climbing goats/會爬樹的山羊
- TREE-Rex: Dinosaur-shaped tree/樹暴龍：恐龍形狀的大樹
- The lion looking down on the world from the top of a tree/獅子爬到樹上棲息睡覺
- World’s oldest imitation Christmas tree/世界最古老的人造聖誕樹
- World’s most expensive Christmas tree/世界最貴的聖誕樹
- New palm tree species found in Madagascar 馬達加斯加發現新棕櫚樹品種
- Wind blows man up tree 強風把男子吹到樹上
- Woman sleeps 20ft up in tree/甘肅一婦女睡在6公尺高的樹上
- Man wants to marry Christmas tree/英男子想跟聖誕樹結婚
- Mystery of the orange tree that started to sprout lemons!/橘樹長出檸檬的秘密