An astonished German woman has been reunited with her pet cat – more than 16 years after it went missing.
Poldi walked out of the family home in Munich, Germany, in 1996 and was never seen again until he was found 20 miles away living in a forest.
Hikers found the poorly puss and took him to a local animal welfare centre where he and and his owner were identified by a tattoo on his ear.
Centre spokesman Eveline Kosenbach said Poldi is now back with his relieved owner Monika Moser.
"The cat was not feeling well – and obviously wanted to be found. He is now enjoying being looked after and is happily back with his owner at long last," she added. (wrapup)
- Father and daughter reunited on Facebook after 50 years apart/父女分離50年後在Facebook重逢
- Father and son reunited after 37 years thanks to Facebook/父子失散37年後透過「臉書」重逢
- Three long-lost brothers reunited at last after 65 YEARS apart/三兄弟失散65年後團聚
- Woman sues over ‘tat-poo’/被前男友在背部紋一坨屎 女子提告
- Two hugging gorillas were reunited in their park enclosure after nearly three years apart/大猩猩兄弟闊別3年 重逢時熱烈互擁
- Woman auctions space on her bottom for tattoo/紐西蘭女子網拍臀部讓人刺青
- Scissors left in woman’s stomach for three years/手術剪刀留在婦人體內三年
- Pugs ate owner after suicide/飼主自殺 巴哥吃了他
- Woman grows hair for 21 years/女子蓄髮21年未剪
- Woman adopts 1,500 stray dogs/大陸女子收容1500隻野狗